Family summer on Flumserberg
Family holidays in the mountains in summer
5 tips for holidays with children on Flumserberg
Between Zurich and Chur and directly above Lake Walen, families seeking relaxation can enjoy a well-deserved getaway – whether it is for a day or for a week. The same applies for all those who want to experience tons of fun and variety, away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Are you in the mood to breathe some fresh mountain air? What follows are 5 tips for an unforgettable summer at Flumserberg holiday resort.
Way up high and swiftly downhill
1. CLiiMBER climbing tower and FLOOMZER summer toboggan run
The CLiiMBER climbing tower and the FLOOMZER summer toboggan run are clearly among the summer highlights on the Swiss mountain. This does not come as a surprise – after all, both children and adults love to go climbing and summer tobogganing. The special FLOOMZER & CLiiMBER combo ticket is your ticket to a varied family day on Flumserberg.
Child-appropriate hiking trails
2. Hiking with children and baby buggies on Flumserberg
Hiking on Flumserberg is a must for families – even if some family members are not old enough to walk yet. Various hiking trails suitable for baby buggies ensure that nothing stands in your way of a wonderful day in the mountains. The mountain railways comfortably take you to the starting points of the routes, and what’s more: Children up to the age of 6 and accompanied by an adult can use them free of charge!
Rent it instead of lugging it along: You can leave your own baby buggy at home. For the duration of your stay, you can borrow a cross-country baby buggy – free of charge – at the Flumserberg info point. As a security, you will be asked to make a deposit of CHF 100.00 or provide an identity card.
Recommended routes on Flumserberg – suitable for a hike with baby buggy:
- Prodalp-Panüol-Prodalp: approx. 3 h, 6 km (return 12 km), 1580 m to 1800 m
- Tannenboden-Madils-Prodalp: about 1.5 h, 1400 m to 1576 m (rather demanding)
- Seeblick loop starting at Tannenboden: approx. 20 min, 1400 m
- Schwammkopf loop starting at Tannenboden: approx. 45 min, 1400 m
- Tannenheim-Mittenwald: approx. 20 to 30 min, 1220 m to 1275 m
- Ziger loop starting at Maschgenkamm: approx. 45 min, 2 km, 2020 m
If you would like to find out more about the individual trails: The free hiking folder contains detailed descriptions. It is available at the Flumserberg mountain railway stations, at the Flumserberg info point, and at many hotels and restaurants.
As soon as the little ones have outgrown their buggies, they will definitely enjoy exploring the various adventure trails. Fossils, fairy tales, or Alpine flora: On Flumserberg, family-friendly hikes perfectly combine having fun in nature and learning something new.
Time for adventures on Flumserberg!
3. Playgrounds and barbecue sites
At the adventure playgrounds on Flumserberg, little adventurers play the leading role. Together with their peers, they can romp around and have fun. Meanwhile their parents get to savour tasty culinary delights, because many of the 10 children's playgrounds on Flumserberg are located right next to a restaurant:
- Chrüz Mountain Restaurant, phone +41 81 733 13 22
- Prodalp Mountain Restaurant, phone +41 81 733 27 23
- Panorama Restaurant Maschgenkamm, phone +41 81 733 19 39
- COLORS – Restaurant and Bar, phone +41 81 720 15 60
- Restaurant Sennenstube, phone +41 81 733 00 23
- Restaurant Molseralp, phone +41 81 710 18 51
- Maschgenlücke Mountain Restaurant, phone +41 81 733 11 81
- Berghotel Seebenalp, phone +41 81 738 12 23
- Hotel Tannenboden, phone +41 81 733 11 22
- Hotel Mittenwald, phone +41 81 733 11 05
The 9 "Schweizer Familie" (Swiss family) barbecue sites ensure great fun for family members of all ages, too. And that is by far not everything that Flumserberg has to offer when it comes to summer experiences for the whole family.
Tip for an adventure by the lake: Switzerland’s largest themed playground – Spielerlebnis Walensee.
Family fun on two wheels
4. Biking for families on Flumserberg
With the BlueSalamander and BlueBunny BikerTrails, Flumserberg offers two trails that are easy to master for children. Or how about a guided family bike tour? You never stop learning: True to this motto, BikerSchool Flumserberg offers lessons for children and adults. And those who are looking for rental equipment will find it at the BikerShop Flumserberg and at the INTERSPORT Network Flumserberg locations.
These include (but are not limited to):
- children's playrooms
- recommendations for family-friendly holiday adventures
- an ambience in which parents and their children feel completely relaxed and at ease
- attractive family prices and package deals
The restaurants of the various hotels score points with kids thanks to:
- special children's menus
- baby’s changing tables and highchairs
- play corners or playrooms
- playgrounds or children's animation
- toys or colouring sets handed to the children at the table