FAQs of Ski School Flumserberg
Answers to frequently asked questions
You have got a question? Perhaps other guests have asked us the same question already. We have summarised a selection of the most frequently asked questions and their in-depth answers. This will make your preparations for your winter sports day on Flumserberg even easier. And in case your specific question is not listed, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us!
Our office is at Flumserbergstrasse 196, in 8898 Flumserberg-Tannenboden – it includes a sales point and a back office. It is located in the same building as the Flumserberg tourist information office. That means: about 100 metres below the "See-Jet” mountain station (Unterterzen-Tannenboden) and the "Berg-Jet" valley station (Tannenboden-Maschgenkamm).
See you soon, but where? The Swiss Ski and Snowboard School Flumserberg has a total of 4 meeting points
In addition, there are 7 general meeting locations on Flumserberg. Take a look at our overview and the interactive slope map.
Tip: The meeting points of the ski school are marked in red and are often very close to the general meeting locations. The latter are marked with white numbers on blue information boards.
The tickets of the Ski and Snowboard School Flumserberg are not transferable. Refunds for services not received are only made in case of illness or an accident. We kindly ask you to provide a medical certificate if that is the case. Find out more in our terms and conditions.
Questions about group lessons
Group lessons on Flumserberg are offered from Monday, 21 December 2020, to Saturday, 3 April 2021.
- Children/youths – skiing: Monday to Saturday, from 10.00 to 12.00 and from 14.00 to 16.00
- Children/youths – snowboarding: Monday to Friday, from 10.00 to 12.00 and from 14.00 to 16.00
- Adults – ski and snowboard: Monday to Wednesday (4+ participants – until Thursday or Friday), from 10.00 to 12.00 and from 14.00 to 16.00
- The Swiss Snow Kids Village on Molseralp is also open on Sundays: from 10.00 to 12.00 and from 14.00 to 16.00
Yes, the minimum number of participants for group lessons is 4 people. However, our ski school team always tries to provide individual solutions (e.g. lessons with a shorter duration).
The easiest and most convenient way to book a course is online. Alternatively, you are welcome to visit us at our office in Tannenboden. Our other sales points can be found at the ticket office of the mountain railways in Tannenheim and at Intersport Walensee in Unterterzen.
Small children can also be registered directly at the kids ski school on Molseralp. For children’s lessons on Prodalp, please contact our sales point at the mountain railway office in Tannenheim.
The respective lesson times and meeting points will be announced when you book online or at the sales points. Once you have booked and paid for a course, you are registered. Unless Ski and Snowboard School Flumserberg gives notice to the contrary, there are always spaces available.
If you have bought a combined subscription of Ski and Snowboard School Flumserberg and Bergbahnen Flumserberg AG, you are automatically registered as well.
- Small children at the Swiss Snow Kids Village: 4 to 8 children
- Children and youths in the Blue, Red or Black League: 4 to 10 children/youths
- Children and youths in the Swiss Snow Academy: 4 to 10 children/youths
- Adults: 4 to 8 people
Group sizes may be slightly smaller for a short period of time – in case of homogeneous groups or under exceptional circumstances. They may also increase during peak season. However, to ensure that the quality of the lessons remains high, we make every effort to adhere to the group sizes listed above.
After a trial run on site, students are divided into groups by the snow sports instructors – in accordance with the ratings of the Swiss Snow League. Children who have already attended Swiss Snow League courses are assigned to a group on the basis of their booklet or medal.
The Swiss Snow League medals and booklets are handed out on Thursday and Friday – after a minimum of 3 days of attendance.
- Children's ski race at the Swiss Snow Kids Village: Friday at 10.15 on the Molseralp course. The children of the meeting points Prodalp (Swiss Snow Kids Village) and Molseralp (Swiss Snow Kids Village) compete in a joint race. Immediately afterwards, at 11.45, the prizes will be awarded at the Swiss Snow Kids Village.
- Children's ski races of the Blue, Red and Black League as well as the Swiss Snow Academy: The joint race for the groups of the meeting point in Tannenheim takes place on Thursday at 14.00 on the Mittenwald course. The prizes will be awarded at 16.30, as announced in the separate programme issued on the day of the race. The joint race for the groups of the Tannenboden meeting point starts on Friday at 13.45 on the Schwammkopf course. Afterwards, the prizes will be awarded at 16.45, as announced in the separate programme issued on the day of the race.
- Snowboard races of the Blue and Red League and the Swiss Snow Academy: The joint race for the groups of the meeting points in Tannenheim and Tannenboden will take place on Friday at 11.00 on the Madils course. The prizes will be awarded at 16.30, as announced in the separate programme issued on the day of the race.
- Children's party (ski and snowboard): Our great parties take place 30 minutes before the scheduled awards ceremony at various restaurants, as announced in the separate programme issued on the day of the race. All participants receive a souvenir badge, and the winners will also be given medals and diplomas.
Questions about private lessons
Private lessons start as soon as the cable cars and lifts are in operation. The private lessons of Ski and Snowboard School Flumserberg are thus offered from mid-November 2020 until Easter Monday, 5 April 2021.
Lesson times can be arranged flexibly – based on the offer, according to the students’ needs and the instructors’ workload, and as agreed upon. Private lessons are held daily between 08.00 and 17.00 depending on the individual start time and the booked duration.
Private lessons are offered daily – and practically whenever you want. We recommend you book your lesson until 17.00 on the day prior. However, we also try to accommodate short-notice bookings whenever possible. The general rule is: "First book – first serve!"
If you want to book your lessons independent of a certain time and place, it is best to do so online. Alternatively, you can book your private lessons over the phone or at our offices in Tannenboden. You can also visit us at the ticket offices of the mountain railways in Tannenheim and at Intersport Walensee in Unterterzen. Once a course has been booked and paid for, you are registered.
Please let us know as early as possible if you are unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances! Cancellations or postponements can be made until the day prior at 17.00 – at the latest (processing fee CHF 20.00). We must charge for cancellations made on the day of the lesson – but we will be accommodating under certain circumstances, i.e. in “hardship cases”.
It is completely unacceptable to simply not turn up for a private lesson that was already booked. If that is the case, the lesson’s rate will be charged in full. Repeated non-attendance will result in exclusion from future lessons.