The Avalanche Training Centre
Transceiver training area on Flumserberg
Right below the Maschgenkamm mountain station on Flumserberg, you can practice searching for people buried by avalanches. As a random generator determines which of the 6 transmitters will be activated, the trainer doesn’t know either where to locate the “buried victims”. In addition, incidents with single and multiple victims can be simulated. Operating instructions are available on site. The facility is open daily and can be used free of charge.
- Maschgenkamm/Zigerkante at 2000 m above sea level
- 500 m below the mountain station of the BergJet cable car
- open to all visitors, anytime and free of charge
- prior registration recommended
- introduction and instructions only on request and by appointment
- a control unit with antenna
- 6 fixed buried avalanche transceivers with RECCO system
- automatic feedback upon a probe hit
- compatible with all avalanche transceivers (457 MHz)
- A random generator determines which stations become active.