Culture and places of interest Saint James’s Chapel

This historical chapel overlooking Flums has an intriguing history and is also full of mystery. It is definitely worth a visit.

The small Saint James’s Chapel is located south west of Gräpplang. The chapel is inconspicuous and modestly built both inside and out. The area around the altar is decorated with Gothic frescoes. The arched window with the Flums Madonna is famous for being Switzerland's oldest stained glass window (12th century).
The window in the chapel is a copy; the original has been kept safely at the National Museum since 1889. Together with the Saint Justus reliquary, it is one of the most valuable treasures of the National Museum.

Like the Saint Justus Church, Saint James’s Chapel is one of the region's oldest buildings.